Monday 1 April 2013

March Data

It's April, and that means my March download and sales data is ready to go.

Despite March having three more days than February, my overall downloads were down 7.3%. However, BB10 downloads increased from a 1.85% share to a 8.32% share of the overall number. More of my free apps were available for the platform in March and even more are available now, so I expect the share to increase with time.

In March, 72.5% of my BB10 downloads were on the Qualcomm GPU, 2.4% were on the Qualcomm GPU for Verizon, 24.2% were on the Imagination GPU, and the remainder went to Dev 10 devices.

Canada accounted for 43.6% of my BB10 downloads, followed by the US at 12.4%, the UK at 9.8% and India at 4.7%. Considering that the Z10 was only in wide release in the US for nine days, I find its numbers rather encouraging, and expect it to challenge Canada for the number one slot in April.

On the sales front, my overall app sales were down by 1.7%. However, the share of sales that went to BB10 devices increased from 22% to 38%, and BB10 app sales were up by 65%. 75% of sales were on Qualcomm GPU devices, with the rest going to Imagination GPU devices.

Canada accounted for 60% of my sales, followed by South Africa at 9%, the US at 7% and India, the UK, and Jamaica each with about 4%.

It would seem that the Playbook is continuing to die as a platform while BB10 is on the rise. If current trends continue, more than half my sales should go to BB10 devices this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment