Tuesday 7 May 2013

April Data

It's May, and that means my April sales and download data is now available. It took me a few days to get it, which is why this post is going up so late.

Thanks to a couple new releases, overall downloads were up by 71%. BB10 downloads made up 28% of the total number, increasing their share by nearly 20% of the total.

49% of my BB10 downloads were on the Qualcomm GPU, 47% were on the Imagination GPU, 3% went to Verizon devices, and the remainder was split evenly between developer devices and the mostly unreleased BB Q10. Most of my apps aren't available for the Q10, so I don't expect its share to increase much in the future.

Location-wise, 16% of my BB10 downloads went to Canada, 10% to Indonesia, 10% to the US, 5.5% to Saudi Arabia, 5.4% to the UK and 3.8% to South Africa. US downloads grew as I expected them to, but Canadian and especially Indonesian downloads grew far faster than anticipated. I now expect that either Canada will remain on top, or Indonesia will claim the top spot for the month of May.

Sales were up a meagre 3.4%. Better than nothing, but considering I put out something new, it wasn't an encouraging amount of growth. BB10 accounted for 60% of my sales, which was in line with what I was expecting. Sales on BB10 devices were themselves up by 62%.

The US accounted for 25% of sales, Canada for 20%, Indonesia 12%, Germany 5%, with South Africa and the UK each taking around 4%.

At the current rate, if I don't release anything new and exciting, I expect Playbook sales to continue to drop, and to hit 0 within six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment