Friday 12 October 2012

I Hate Bugs!

I released an update for GPS Data Master yesterday, and it contained a bug that causes the app to lock on a black screen. Unfortunately, the problem only shows up when you upgrade a previously-installed version, so not only did I not catch it locally, RIM's quality control people didn't catch it, either. I've already uploaded a fix, but it'll take RIM a few days to approve the new version.

Meanwhile, there's a workaround that should fix the problem. Simply uninstall, then reinstall the app. If you can, that is. I removed it from App World temporarily so too many people wouldn't get the damaged version. You might still be able to get to it through the 'Uninstalled' tab of the 'My World' section, though.

Sorry for the inconvenience. If it's any consolation, the bug is related to a new feature I added.

No comments:

Post a Comment